The Moon grows full in Libra on April 11, 2017 at 6:08am GMT.
Let’s take as our motto for this Full Moon the idea of “No Resistance.” You have been feeling yourself moving toward a more powerful expression for the last several years. 2012, 2013 and 2014 started getting your attention with an underlying sense of this shift. You started noticing things in your life upheaving, levees breaking, relationships stretched to mere threads and some breaking beyond repair. 2015 found you rethinking your existence, re-prioritizing and shifting your paradigms. 2016 brought in the lightning rod of solve (breakdown) and you realized that you have to let go because what you thought was you was being ultimately destroyed. The phrase, “Let go and let God” took on new meaning as you opened your hands and fell into the unknown.
Now it’s 2017 and you are feeling that sense of coagulation—things are coming back together. The concept of solve et coagula (the dissolving and the coming together) are constant concepts in our human existence. The dissolution can be seen all around us in forms both appealing and terrifying. We watch the sun rise and fall in a gentle sweep of light across the vast sky. The day delights us. We experience the tearing of muscle and the burning of fat as we work to firm and strengthen our bodies. Oh, this hurts when we are in Boot Camp, but we love the way we feel afterward. The concept of solve et coagula cannot but blast into our awareness when we witness any kind of natural disaster that destroys a landscape. Mother Nature has her own natural coagulation process that will bring the space back into balance. And the human communities that were affected by the cataclysm are naturally drawn to rebuild, restructure, reform. After the destruction, a ray of hope shines through the darkness. Solve et coagula describe the death and rebirth process.
2017 finds you with a keen sense of self and you can feel something akin to optimism pervading your heart, your mind and your body. This is a ‘10’ year and is meant to have us step into our True Authority (the true authorship of our lives.) Everything that is happening this year is geared toward the coagulation of our Higher Self through growth and expansion. Let’s not be fooled by what’s happening on the world’s political stage. That’s not the real world. All of that stuff is Tom Foolery and at your core, you know I’m right. The real war is happening inside your being. It’s the war for dominion over your existence. Who’s in charge? Your Spirit or your ego?
Look, if you’re reading this thinking that Crystal Lynn has lost her mind; politics are the real world; and that you are a mere mortal with no influence, authority or chips in the game, then stop reading right here and go read your horoscope on the National Enquirer. This blog and Moon phase report is for those who have lived in the three dimensional world and have understood that you cannot fight fire with ego, and that you don’t fight at all. Instead you bring in the Big Guns and go Inside to the wellspring of SOURCE.
We are in the fourth Full Moon of 2017. This ‘Pink’ Moon is in Libra along with the massive planet Jupiter. The sign of Libra is an air sign, which means that it approaches life from its head. Libras, like their fellow air signs Aquarius and Gemini, are brilliant and beautiful minds. They have the ability to see and accept perspectives that daunt the less creative. Objectivity is one of the many gifts of Libra. Along with that comes diplomacy, clear and unwavering focus (it is the Libran’s desire to please others that can make them shift perspectives and seem indecisive—but that’s how they help the world around them find balance,) a natural need to connect the mind and the body, and a super creative-crafty artistic streak. (A home-made gift from a Libra is a keeper. If you have a Libra friend who likes to share their stuff with you, make room because you’re gonna find it really hard to let it go over the years of accumulation.) Libras are also the sign of partnership and they value this dearly.
As I was meditating on this Full Moon in Libra, my awareness kept going to my lower abdomen. This is the area of the Sacral Chakra and it is the energetic center of the emotions and relationships. What I imagined was the Full Moon rising from my womb space—casting cool silvery light that illuminated my emotional upheaval and made it undeniable. I sat with that vision and allowed my body temperature to drop as I sunk into something that felt stark, but necessary. I inhaled deeply and allowed that silvery coolness to calm my central nervous system and as I did so, I noticed that I could see very clearly the contrast between the silver light and the dark shadows.
This particular Full Moon in Libra is a powerful one for many reasons. First of all, Mercury has gone retrograde just this past Sunday, April 9th and it will be in retrograde motion until May 3rd. There are a number of other planetary alignments that are lending their power to this transformational time, but I think that it’s okay for us to focus just on the great opportunity presented with our focus on the Moon and Jupiter, which I’ll talk about in a bit.
The Full Moon is a natural expander and amplifier of what it touches. This is mostly true for the waters and the emotions. It is important to remember that the Moon represents the Divine Feminine and that we are best served to use our feeling and intuitive nature during the Moon phases. The Full Moon in Libra will help us expand the objectivity of our mind, but it is really important that we stay connected to the emotions and the sensations that we feel in our bodies because it is all connected. The Moon helps to illuminate our emotions and casts light so that our shadows are distorted and blown out of proportion. This is helpful so that we can actually feel them more intensely and thus process them. We have learned so many coping mechanisms that make us suppress and repress our emotions to the point that they have become unrecognizable to us. Most people know what they think about things but they don’t know what they feel about things. Thinking is of the mind and the ego. Feeling is of the heart and spirit. The two need to work together in harmony. But most ‘civilized’ society has taken us waaaaaaay too up in our heads. We need the phases of the Moon to help us return to the primal knowing of our sacred and valuable Intuition. The nature of the Full Moon is to help us feel our emotions so that we can be present with them while they run their course.
Women who have their menstrual cycle during the Full Moon are pretty lucky, if you ask me, because those emotions become undeniable. You feel EVERYTHING and if you can learn to appreciate that, you really start rocking the world. During the menstrual cycle and Full Moon, it’s like your whole body is working to say, “Process this shit NOW.” It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
While the Full Moon is naturally expanding our emotions and making us aware of how we truly feel, its positioning in Libra is giving us the tremendous gift of objectivity to help us find creative solutions for healing root causes. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself feeling a bit matter-of-fact about what you are experiencing. But be careful! Don’t let the cool objectivity of the air sign take you out of your body. Don’t spiritually bypass the emotions and cling to your thoughts. During the next seven days of this Full Moon phase, ask yourself how you are feeling and don’t answer with what you think. DON’T DO IT! Ask yourself how you are feeling and then stop and feel what you are feeling. Experience it first and then you will know how you are feeling.
Now, I said that there are other really significant events that are making this a powerful Moon phase. I do like to keep these reports simple, but I really want to clue you in about what’s happening with Jupiter, which is also in Libra right now. Jupiter is the massive planet that rules Sagittarius and traditionally Pisces. Jupiter and the Moon have been visible in the sky together for the last few nights and I have had some interesting conversations with them. First of all, the Moon represents the Divine Feminine and ‘mother.’ Jupiter is a masculine planet and can be considered as ‘father’ since the Roman god Jupiter was considered ‘dies pater’ or ‘shining father.’ So the last two nights, I’ve been getting into the bed with Mother Moon and Father Jupiter shining brightly and lighting up my room. By the way, my sleep has been shit—too much light ! Hahahaha!
As I’ve said, the Moon is the natural expander of all that she touches, but I have not yet mentioned that Jupiter is the natural expander of all the he touches, too! All of this is to say that we are super Libra amplified right now! Jupiter is a big ass planet and he does things in a big ass way. He is abundant, joyful, fun, generous. Luck favors the prepared, so where you have been preparing, Jupiter is going to light up your world beyond your wildest dreams. If you haven’t been doing your homework, then be careful, because he can expand what isn’t so good, as well—like your waistline and even your debt if he is placed badly. But don’t worry about that because Libra, for most of us, is not placed at our waistline nor in our debt house. Libra, again, is about the mind, partnership, creativity and finding balance. Jupiter in Libra is going to help us expand these things by bringing us more opportunities that challenge the status quo of what we know about ourselves and about our partnerships. With Jupiter in Libra since September of 2016, we have been feeling a strong desire to connect. The Moon’s fullness in Libra is going to bring up any shadows that we have around our ability to connect.
Here’s an example from my personal life that might illustrate what’s happening. I want to try to get quickly to the point, so suffice it to say that I have definitely been feeling a strong desire to connect with people. I’ve been reaching out and making friends and sharing with them intimately. I’ve been more attentive, listening more carefully and following up more than I normally do. I am more available and I am more inquiring of others. Jupiter has been in Libra since September and I would definitely say that my need to connect has coincided with this time.
Since landing in Croatia almost three weeks ago, I have had an intensification of connection with people and it has felt AMAZING. HOWEVER, yesterday, I ran smack into a shadowed aspect of myself! YIKES!
I was in my running group and feeling a bit shy. I don’t speak a lick of Croatian and so I was feeling handicapped because of the language. Now, mind you, I have been in Croatia for almost three weeks and have had enthusiasm and an absolute absence of shyness, but all of a sudden, I feel this shadowed aspect of self come creeping up on me. I feel like I am an island among this giant solid landmass of runners. I don’t fit it, I don’t belong, I am so different, where should I go? UGH! I was so self-conscious. (This is the Moon at work, by the way—amplifying the deep, dark feelings that you have been unconsciously repressing. The Moon does this not to torture you, but so that you can get it out of your system; shadow work it, release it and process it. You know! Get the poison OUT!) So as I’m observing myself in the middle of this running group, a VERY handsome man walks up to me and starts asking me questions in English. Homeboy is handsome, fit, helpful and gentlemanly. Me? I freeze inside. I can’t connect to him really. I am hearing him and I am aware that I am there, but I am so in my head that I can’t feel him… and he was so worthy of being felt. God, what a beautiful man! And me– I become the Ice Queen and there’s nothing I can do about it. I try throwing myself into the run, losing myself in the moment, but it’s no good. Father Jupiter has delivered the perfect partner and Mother Moon is showing me my shadow self.
This is classic Moon-Jupiter opportunity for growth and expansion. Did you see how it works? You’re going along just fine thinking that you’ve got the bull by the balls and then BOOM Full Moon Shadow… go do the real healing! Take off your mask and see what wants to be released. Breakdown (solve) and rebuild (coagula.)
Okay, Lovely. I think that’s all that I am going to report for this Moon phase. I’ve two goodies that I want to share with you. The first is a video for you to watch and then to practice to open up your Divine Feminine self and release your sacral chakra. The second is a ritual for you to try during this week to help you take advantage of this Full Moon in Libra aspect.
Here’s the video:
Here’s the ritual…
Full Moon Ritual for Full Moon in Libra 2017
1. Set the mood. Turn off your computer and phone. Put on some uplifting music that invokes good feelings in you. Make it positive and inspiring.
2. Light some incense or put some essential oils in some water in a burner. Get yourself a pretty glass and fill it water. Hold the glass in your hands and say a prayer of trust, love and optimism. Bring the water to your ritual space and sip on it as you do your ritual.
3. Get a white candle, but before you light it, say a word of thanks and bless the light that will come forth. Light the candle.
4. Journal and pen (or laptop or tablet or phone… whatever you’re gonna use to write. It could be a napkin and a crayon. Use what you got.) Put this near you because you’re going to need it in a few minutes.
5. Get comfortable. You can sit at a desk or on the floor or on your bed. Just get into a position where you can hangout and focus on what’s really important to you.
6. Take a few deep breaths and tune into your heart. Allow yourself to release any tension you may be holding. Put your dominant hand over your heart and see if you can notice the beat or feel heat radiating from your chest. Feel your body and settle into peaceful contemplation.
7. Bring your awareness to your lower abdomen. Place your right hand over your lower belly and your left hand over your heart and take some slow deep breaths. Feel your body move with the rhythm of your breathing. Inhale slowly. Exhale slowly. Take your time and notice the rise and fall of your chest and abdomen. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.
8. With your next inhalation, imagine that your lower abdomen is a dark sea of mystery. The waters are calm and peaceful and you floating on the sea in this dark and mysterious place. Perhaps you are on a little row boat, or perhaps you are tiny like an ant and floating on a leaf. Regardless, you are safe and curious about this place where you find yourself. Just take a few deep breaths and allow yourself to find a place of peace within this space of your Sacral Chakra. Use your breath to anchor yourself and find a space of calm repose.
9. After you have found a sense of oneness with your creative womb space, (guys have a Sacral Chakra, too) imagine that the Full Moon is rising gently on the horizon. As you watch the Moon rise, notice the play of shadow and light on the water.
10. Look around your space and just allow yourself to feel whatever you are feeling. Give yourself permission to be present with your feelings. Tell yourself, “I am willing to feel this feeling.” Use your breath to help you stay connected. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.
11. If you start to get into your head, try to understand that this is your ego’s way of avoiding what you are feeling. This is a coping mechanism that you don’t have to tolerate. You are not your ego. You are not your thoughts. Take back your mind and body from that little narrating dictator and get back into your experience.
12. If your emotions are too much for you to handle, I totally understand. But that doesn’t mean you should suppress them. Get help. Do Shadow Work, write in your journal, talk to a friend, or call me for a Completion Process. Be thankful that you have a full emotional capacity. Emotions and feelings let you know how you feel, and this is your truth for the moment. Give them the attention they deserve. Give YOURSELF the attention you deserve.
13. Continue feeling and processing your emotional landscape for about 15 minutes. If you can stick with it longer, then do. If you can do it for an hour, then great!
14. Bring yourself out of the emotional feeling state very gently by bringing your focus back to your breath. Take several slow deep breaths and become aware of your body and the room in which you are sitting. Open your eyes gently when you are ready.
15. Take out your journal and pen. Write down what you experienced and whatever else comes to your mind.
16. Shadow Work. Do some specific Shadow Work exercises to help you process what you experienced. If you don’t know what Shadow Work is, don’t worry about it. Just write down your fears, doubts and resistances and ask your spirit guides to help you heal. That’s good enough. I teach Shadow Work, so you can always arrange a few sessions so that you can learn it truly.
17. Now it’s time to have a talk with God/Goddess. Say some prayers of thanks, but don’t hesitate to ask for the help you need to process and release your negative emotions. Pray for your Inner Child’s healing. Pray for help in letting go.
18. Shh… now just listen. Listen to the wisdom that comes from deep within you. Say, “Yes,” to this wisdom and invite it to expand through you. Enjoy it. Sit for at least 10 minutes.
19. Say, “Thank you,” for all the love that has been bestowed upon you. Know that these words are appreciative, not grateful. What is the difference, you might wonder? Appreciation puts you on the same level of abundance. It is a mirror reflection of abundance. Gratitude is the feeling of having not had something and then getting it. It is about lacking something and then coming into having it. Appreciation is an acknowledgement that you were never lacking. It is a knowing that you have always been a child of God/Goddess—even when you have forgotten.
20. Your ritual for this Full Moon is now complete. Remember to ask yourself how you are FEELING several times a day over the next seven days and practice that lovely dance by Kremushka in the video.
21. Please share this post with your friends and sign up to get these Moon Phase reports delivered to your inbox.