OH! Before I forget, please join me on Tuesday, May 9th at 7:30pm CET for a free Full Moon in Scorpio Tarot Reading!
The Moon, too, is feminine and when she is full, it is a time of culmination. Very often, we can think of the Full Moon as the culmination of the thoughts, actions and attitudes we have taken since the last New Moon. The last New Moon was two weeks ago in Taurus. At that New Moon, I suggested that we focus on laying foundations for ourselves so that this springtime would be about planting the seeds of our desires. So we ended April and began May with the feeling of groundedness, stability, maturity and patience. Like a good gardener, we addressed the quality of our soil and the landscape on which it was planted. We started off with a powerful meditation and activation that ignited our chakras, getting our energy system clean, open and ready to receive the inspiration that the Universe wants to send us.
As the Full Moon rises tonight in Scorpio, I want you to explore what is important to you. Look at your desires and see if these are desires of the heart or desires of the ego. There is a difference, you know!! Desires of the heart are pure, unadulterated, innocent and authentic. The heart is the first organ developed in the fetus and it is your true brain— your connection to heaven and earth. A young child is heart-centered before their ego develops. The ego forms long after the heart and is meant to serve it. However, in our patriarchal, limiting and left-brain society, the ego has come to dominate the heart, cutting us off from the expansive, inclusive creativity that comes from an intuiting, feeling way of being. For those of us who have found that delicious balance between the heart and mind, we find that we can easily know what the heart wants and allow its desires to flourish all around us with joy and ease. We know what is important to us, and what is important is what drives us. Desires of the heart come with ease, quickly, and effortlessly. Desires of the ego… not so much.
Ego based desires are built on a foundation of doubt, limitation and conditions. The ego takes what is big, bold and badass in the heart and makes it small, condensed and manageable according to its own capacity. YIKES! If the heart wants a farm house in Tuscany, the ego looks at its job, its history, its story and says, “I’ll never really be able to afford a farm house in Tuscany, so I’ll just settle for an apartment in Paris.” You might think, well, hells bells! An apartment in Paris ain’t bad! And you’d be correct. It’s lovely. But it’s still settling. And you didn’t come here to settle. You have freewill to settle, struggle, suffer and resist, but I can guarantee you that you came here to thrive, not fail. The heart wants what it wants and if your heart wants it, it is already yours. It’s a question of getting beyond the limitations and fears of small, in-the-box thinking of your egoic self to claim what is yours. Mine is a farm house in Tuscany.
This is the opportunity presented to us by the Full Moon in Scorpio. Where we were looking at the light of our heart’s desires with the New Moon two weeks ago, today we are looking at the ego that is preventing us from manifesting what is unconditional, unrestrained and untethered. Today, we look at our shadows to find our limitations so that we can move beyond them by confronting, healing and releasing them. Scorpio is ruled by Mars, which represents the ego. The Moon is nurturing, expansive and illuminates us from the inside out by activating the waters of our bodies, our internal tides. We all go a little crazy as our tides shift!
So for this Full Moon in Scorpio, I am suggesting that you do some good shadow work on paper and then dive into this ritual that I have created for you below. The ritual is powerful so be prepared to experience a shift in your energy if you follow this through.
Full Moon Ritual for Full Moon in Scorpio 2017
1. Set the mood. Turn off your computer and phone. Put on some uplifting music that invokes good feelings in you. Make it positive and inspiring.
2. Light some incense or put some essential oils in some water in a burner. Get yourself a pretty glass and fill it water. Hold the glass in your hands and say a prayer of trust, love and optimism. Bring the water to your ritual space and sip on it as you do your ritual.
3. Get a white candle, but before you light it, say a word of thanks and bless the light that will come forth. Light the candle.
4. Journal and pen (or laptop or tablet or phone… whatever you’re gonna use to write. It could be a napkin and a crayon. Use what you got.) Put this near you because you’re going to need it in a few minutes.
5. Get comfortable. You can sit at a desk or on the floor or on your bed. Just get into a position where you can hangout and focus on what’s really important to you.
6. Take a few deep breaths and tune into your heart. Allow yourself to release any tension you may be holding. Put your dominant hand over your heart and see if you can notice the beat or feel heat radiating from your chest. Feel your body and settle into peaceful contemplation. You can lower your hands whenever you feel like doing so.
7. From your heart space, call upon your guardian angel to come forth and sit with you as you prepare to go on a journey into your deepest self. As you inhale and exhale, feel the presence of your benevolent angel coming forth. If you feel confused about who your personal angel is, then call upon Archangel Michael to guide you. Invite your angel by inhaling white, sparkly light and exhaling resistance, doubt and fear. Inhale and feel his or her presence. Exhale and know that you are safe and protected. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.
8. Bring your awareness to your third eye. In your mind’s eye, see a dark, dark indigo ocean of energy. This energy is called, The Void. The Void is dark and mysterious and it is powerful. But it is yours. It is your protector, your strength and your very own personal mystery space. Although The Void is dark in color, there is nothing harmful about it. We tend to associate darkness with horror, but this is a function of the patriarchy. The Void is feminine and not controllable, which is why our egoic, rational self fears it. For this ritual, I want you to very gently practice allowing the deep indigo waters of the Divine Feminine to nurture you. So let your beautiful protective angel support you and use your imagination to become at peace with The Void.
9. Here you have two options. Both options are meant to help you find peace and healing with your Shadow Self by helping you practice non-resistance with your Shadow Self.
10. No matter which option you chose above, from your quiet place of peace, I want you to feel yourself connected to All and at the center of you is rising a sparkling pin-prick of cool, white light.
11. As you breathe, very slowly see that cool, white light emerging from your core. It is the Full Moon, the Goddess, the Divine Mother. Feel her light coming from within you. Feel the light filling you up, illuminating you from inside. Sit in peace for several minutes and just breathe the light of the Moon. Inhale. Exhale. If you are aware of any negative thoughts or feelings, surrender them, with appreciation and unconditional love. Let go of your fears, doubts, negative beliefs, worries and concerns. Breathe gently in this place of light and let go.
12. As you sit in oneness with the Moon, say a prayer of appreciation for this moment and all things that inspire you. Spend the next few minutes allowing yourself to feel your appreciation. Remember to use your breath to keep you connected to your body.
13. When you are ready to come out of your meditation, take several slow deep breaths and become aware of your body and the room in which you are sitting. Open your eyes gently when you are ready.
14. Take out your journal and pen. Write down what you experienced and whatever else comes to your mind.
15. Shadow Work. Do some specific Shadow Work exercises to help you process what you experienced. If you don’t know what Shadow Work is, don’t worry about it. Just write down your fears, doubts and resistances and ask your spirit guides to help you heal. That’s good enough. I teach Shadow Work, so you can always arrange a few sessions so that you can learn it truly.
16. Now it’s time to have a talk with God/Goddess. Say some prayers of thanks, but don’t hesitate to ask for the help you need to process and release your negative emotions. Pray for your Inner Child’s healing. Pray for help in letting go.
17. Shh… now just listen. Listen to the wisdom that comes from deep within you. Say, “Yes,” to this wisdom and invite it to expand through you. Enjoy it. Sit for at least 10 minutes.
18. Say, “Thank you,” for all the love that has been bestowed upon you. Know that these words are appreciative, not grateful. What is the difference, you might wonder? Appreciation puts you on the same level of abundance. It is a mirror reflection of abundance. Gratitude is the feeling of having not had something and then getting it. It is about lacking something and then coming into having it. Appreciation is an acknowledgement that you were never lacking. It is a knowing that you have always been a child of God/Goddess—even when you have forgotten.
19. Your ritual for this Full Moon is now complete.
To get my Astrology and Moon Phase updates delivered right to your email, sign up below. If you’d like to occasionally receive a postcard from wherever I am traveling, enter your mailing address, too!