This recipe comes from chef Sarah Britton at www.rawfoodrecipes.com.
Detoxification doesn’t have to be a scary concept conjuring images of month long juice fasts and will-testing deprivation. Gentle (and delicious) cleansing can be something that you incorporate into your daily routine. Start with smoothies. Their high fiber and water content make them especially good for helping to sweep out the intestines, while simultaneously nourishing the body with powerful nutrition. They also make a great medium to sneak in an extra handful of greens, such as the baby spinach used here. This recipe is cleansing, refreshing, and light with hints of lemon, ginger and mint. Yum!
- 2 pears
- 1 avocado, flesh scooped out
- 1½ cups / 35g firmly packed baby spinach
- 1 cup / 250 ml water
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 ½ Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 10-20 mint leaves (to your taste)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy.