This recipe came from Julie Van den Kerchove on www.rawfoodrecipes.com.
Do you feel tired or bloated from overindulging during the holiday season? This Green Superfood Detox Smoothie will help you to detoxify your body and get back on a healthy track. It is packed with essential vitamins and minerals to strengthen your immune system, break free from constant sugar cravings and start each day full of energy.
- 2 cups of water (or more if you prefer thin smoothies)
- 3 medium bananas, fresh or frozen
- 1 small orange, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ small grapefruit, peeled and roughly chopped (optional: if you like a bitter undertone)
- 2 teaspoons of raw maca powder powder
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds or hemp seeds
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 large handful of kale (or extra spinach)
- Combine water, banana, orange, grapefruit, maca and chia seeds in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add spinach and kale. Blend again.
You can easily prepare this Green Superfood Detox Smoothie at night, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and take it with you to work the next day. It makes a great breakfast to have on the go, but you can also enjoy it as a quick snack to beat that afternoon slump!