This recipe comes from www.food.com.
This is my favorite basic quinoa recipe. It comes out with the perfect firmness and flavor every time. I make a few alterations, though. First of all, I try to sprout my quinoa. Secondly, I use squeeze a whole lemon into the cooking water, as well as squeezing in the lemon juice at Step 8. I like my Lemon Quinoa very lemony. I also do not like it over cooked, so I reduce the water overall. Pair this quinoa with your favorite veggies sautéed with some garlic and extra virgin olive oil and you’ll be in healthy vegan heaven.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl.
- Fill with cold water.
- Drain into a strainer and repeat the rinsing and draining 4 more times.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Add the rinsed quinoa and cook, stirring, until the quinoa makes cracking and popping noises, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water, marjoram, thyme, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, lemon juice, salt, lemon rind, and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, 5 minutes longer.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Serve with your favorite sautéed vegetables.