Here is your Moon Phase Report and Ritual.
The New Moon rises in Gemini on Thursday, May 25th at 21:44 CET.
This is a HIGHLY auspicious New Moon, my friends, and one I suggest you take very seriously. All New Moons are about creativity, new beginnings and open doors. But the New Moon in Gemini is special because A) It’s a Super Moon (which means its energies are super charged, super amped up) and B) It’s in Gemini which rules our minds, our thinking and our thoughts. Most of us are so heavily identified with our thoughts and our stories that we actually believe the bullshit that floats around in our heads; and we build entire societal structures on these thoughts and ideas and we use these thoughts, ideas and concepts to govern our actions as a society and as individuals. We are so much more than the sum of our thoughts! We are expansive, creative and WORTHY. So yeah, this New Moon in the house of Air is really significant.
By the way, the New Moon energies can be felt three days before its apex (in this case on May 25th,) and it has power for about 10 days after its apex. The ritual that’s given at the end of this post can be done at any point in the Moon phase and can be done as often as you like.
If you read my article, We Are All A Little Gemini, then you will know that when the Sun is in the sign of Gemini, where it just entered on Sunday, May 21st, we all become a bit Gemini-like—driven by our thinking processes and open to the world of ideas. As the Sun rises in the sign of Gemini, you might notice that your mind feels a little sharper, a little keener, a little more clear. Your ability to envision is better. Your thoughts are loftier and you just understand things better. The Sun is masculine and always speaks about your outward expression of energy. With the Moon, we go inward. The Moon always brings us inward to the world of mystery, receptivity, feelings, and emotions.
The New Moon rising in Gemini gives us many opportunities to unite our thinking nature with our feeling nature. Personally, I am enjoying a powerful sense of connection to my Inner Knowing, or my Intuition. The New Moon in Gemini is a WONDERFUL opportunity to learn how your Intuition works and to develop a new relationship with your most powerful tool that is sadly underused. With the New Moon energy placed here, our minds are open to the mysteries of the dark Moon, which is indeed mysterious. Seriously. Do you ever gaze at the Moon when it is waning into what we call new? It’s a wild sight because you see an ominously shadowed silhouette against a darkened sky. You can hardly tell where the Moon ends and the sky begins… the darkness all becomes one. In Wiccan practice, the New Moon ceremonies are more powerful than even Full Moon ceremonies, and the priestesses must undergo special initiation to offer them. Our spiritual grounding and Intuition is really important right now. So one of the best ways to use your time with this New Moon energy is to listen to your inner promptings. Ask yourself very often, “How do I feel right now?” and listen for the answer, not with your ears, but with the sensations in your body… and with your heart. Because of the Sun and Moon’s positions within Gemini, you might actually find that you are able to understand yourself.
This willing understanding is not the only benefit of the New Moon in Gemini. It’s the open mindedness and the access to our Intuition that is our biggest opportunity, and when we apply these to the vision we have for our lives, we are able to lay the groundwork for manifesting our dreams. In other words, now is the time to do some serious life-planning.
So I ask you, “What do you want for yourself?” Now be careful here. Don’t answer me with the safe option. That would be a waste of this opportunity. Your mind is more receptive than usual because of Gemini, so don’t be afraid to dig deep and pull up your most ambitious goals and desires. In fact, I want to encourage you to go a little crazy and raise the stakes on what you want even more. For example, I was drinking my Grounding Vata-Balancing Smoothie and listening to the BBC, and there was a guy talking about how he has established his own solar and wind energy system on his property and that he pays zero dollars (euros) for energy, but in fact, that HE gets paid to feed into the energy system for his community. I thought to myself, fuck yeah! That’s what I’m going to do with my farmhouse in Tuscany. When I heard the report, not only did I think it, but I actually paused a moment and imagined walking the property with the surveyor to discuss how it was going to be done and I envisioned calling my friend who is an architect who specializes in creating environmentally friendly landscapes on vast estates. And actually, I will be writing to make my inquiries as soon as I’m done with this article. Now keep in mind that I already have my dream farm house in my vortex (my field of imagination that I know is real, even though I may not physically have it. Are you familiar with the term vortex? You want to stay in your positive vortex, your field of KNOWING, as much as possible. It’s your exiting the vortex that makes you doubtful, fearful and anxious) but it’s this elevating of my dream that comes from the New Moon in Gemini. Whereas I wanted just a farmhouse and some land with vineyards, a vast garden, yurts (for guests) and a yoga shala, now I’ve got a place that is self-sustaining even with its energy source. I was not thinking his powerfully before, but now I’m thinking powerfully and feeling in my bones that it is a definite yes! I even saw the money here in my account along with a cute little red bike to navigate the trails quickly (and just for the fun of it.)
Are you getting the point? Are you understanding the opportunity for you to think big because your mind is on your side right now?
If you’re having trouble with this, then you need to set up a Discovery Session with me. Seriously! We’re in a ’10’ year—a year of Authority and Power. If you are feeling doubt and trepidation when the universe is urging you to Power, Authority, and Self-Love, then you are indeed missing the boat. We’re already in May and rolling into June. I want you to take advantage of all this auspiciousness that is kicking up around us in this auspicious ’10’ year. So book yourself in for a Discovery Session to learn how I can help you.
AND the New Moon is Gemini is also REALLY important if you are an artist, entrepreneur, writer, blogger, or journalist. Gemini is the house of all that. Gemini is ruled by Mercury and anything that has to do with communication and business are charged up and fruit that is ready for picking. Mercury brings good luck in business—so much so that in India, you’ll spot many business owners wearing a gold ring with a green emerald on their left pinky. The left pinky is Mercury’s (and yes, all the traditional astrological bodies have a finger. There are many different schools of thought on this, but I was taught that the left hand is about the teaching of demons and the right hand is about the teaching of angels. By demons, it is meant those shadowed aspects of self that must be conquered in this lifetime. OH! And the hands switch if you’re male. But for women…
- On the left hand, it’s…
Mercury = pinky
Venus = ring finger
Saturn = middle finger
Mars = index finger
- On the right hand it’s…
Jupiter = index finger
Moon = ring finger
Sun = middle finger
But I totally digressed! Hahahaha!)
Anyway, all of this is to say that the New Moon in Gemini is REALLY auspicious for anyone who wants to write, be an artist or be an entrepreneur or just have their own business (there is a difference between a business owner and an entrepreneur. The former is more about being the name on the business, while the latter is more about starting a business but not necessarily running it or being active in it once it’s up and running. Drop me a line if I’ve gotten this wrong and I’ll make the correction.) If communication plays a role in any part of what you do, then now is the time to nurture, enhance and drive your message forward. You are totally protected right now, so don’t worry about overdoing it. Mercury and Gemini are graceful. They will be guiding your hand, so don’t hold back. This is a time to really push forward with what you are offering the world. GO FOR IT!
Business owners ESPECIALLY! If you are running (or thinking about running) a small place where you are working, then this is a good time for you to envision your business, not as a simple mom-and-pop, but as a corporation, or a franchise. Think BIG, get CLEAR, work SMART.
The New Moon is the time for launching, but if you’re not ready to launch a finished product, you want to at least launch your new vision. Even just the simple act of saying, “Yes,” is enough to set Divine Providence in motion.
“The moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.” ~William Hutchinson Murray, The Scottish Himalayan Expedition
Alright. Boom. Is that enough inspiration for you?
Here’s your New Moon Ritual for the New Moon in Gemini…
- Set the mood. Turn off your computer and phone. Put on some uplifting music that invokes good feelings in you. Make it positive and inspiring.
- Light some incense or put some essential oils in some water in a burner. Get yourself a pretty glass and fill it water. Hold the glass in your hands and say a prayer of trust, love and optimism. Bring the water to your ritual space and sip it as you do your ritual.
- Get a white candle, but before you light it, say a word of thanks and bless the light that will come forth. Light the candle.
- Get a journal and pen (or laptop or tablet or phone… whatever you’re gonna use to write. It could be a napkin and a crayon. Use what you got.) Put this near you because you’re going to need it in a few minutes.
- Get comfortable. You can sit at a desk or on the floor or on your bed. Just get into a position where you can hangout and focus on what’s really important to you. Just keep in mind that the better your posture, the more aligned you are. This is purely technical. You’re still a divine being even if your spine is curved.
- Take a few deep breaths and tune into your heart. Allow yourself to release any tension you may be holding. Put your dominant hand over your heart and see if you can notice the beat or feel heat radiating from your chest. Feel your body and settle into peaceful contemplation.
- Remember that you are inhaling Life Force Energy and that as you exhale, you are releasing tension and doubt, worry and concern. Inhaling Life Force Energy. Exhaling doubt. Inhaling Unconditional Love. Exhaling doubt. Inhaling Joy. Exhaling doubt.
- Bring your awareness to your Third Eye chakra and just bring your heart energy up to your third eye. Take some slow deep breaths and channel them into your third eye. You can imagine that your third eye is a doorway. Imagine that the door is closed and that you simply reach out and open it. Just stand before that open doorway and see what you see, feel what you feel.
- You might find it comforting to gently roll your eyes up to the third eye. This might strengthen your focus. Just be gentle.
- Gently allow your most profound dream to reveal itself by coaxing it out of hiding with the promise of Unconditional Love. Now, if you begin to feel yourself tensing up or resisting your dream (for example, if you hear a voice in your head saying, “You’ll never make enough money to do that!” or “He likes the super-model type and I’m more like a plus sized figure-model”) I want you to remember that the Sun is in Gemini and that your mind is actually your friend. Just very gently release your attachment to that thought or idea, and instead focus on the beauty of your dream.
- Focus intently on your dream. Say, “Yes,” to it in your mind. Do you see a beautiful home in your vision? Say, “Yes.” Do you see a gorgeous home? Say, “Yes.” Do you see a new job, a new car, or a loving community of friends? Say, “Yes.” Whatever your heart sends to you, you say, “Yes,” to it. Spend about 3 or 4 minutes with this.
- Now raise the stakes on your dream. Make it bigger. How could your dream be even more badass? Sit with this for several minutes. Really fantasize and enjoy it. It’s important that you feel these good and exciting feelings in your body. The feelings you have in your body are your point of attraction. Joy attracts things that bring you joy. Excitement attracts excitement. Trust attracts the trustworthy. Sit in this for at least 10 minutes.
- When you feel ready, come out of your meditation/visualization and pull out your journal. Write down the vision that you saw in your mind. Let yourself feel excited and creative. If you can feel or sense the strategy of how to achieve it, you can write that down, too. If not, don’t worry. That can come later.
- Shadow Work. If you feel any resistance to your dream, or you felt like you couldn’t visualize your dream, or you doubt yourself, then do Shadow Work. If you don’t know what Shadow Work is, don’t worry about it. Just write down your doubts and ask your spirit guides to help you heal. That’s good enough.
- Now it’s time to have a talk with God/Goddess. Open your mouth and tell Source how happy you are about your vision and dreams and how excited you are to know what you want. Share your ideas and your desires with Source. Talk to It with respect, but be honest. You can share your fears, as well. Ask for help to move beyond your fears.
- Shh… now just listen. Listen to the wisdom that comes from deep within you. Say, “Yes,” to this wisdom and invite it to expand through you. Enjoy it. Sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Say, “Thank you,” for all the love that has been bestowed upon you. Know that these words are appreciative, not grateful. What is the difference, you might wonder? Appreciation puts you on the same level of abundance. It is a mirror reflection of abundance. Gratitude is the feeling of having not had something and then getting it. It is about lacking something and then coming into having it. Appreciation is an acknowledgement that you were never lacking. It is a knowing that you have always been a child of God/Goddess—even when you have forgotten.
- Say thank you and goodnight to Mother Moon. If you want, you can do a little bow with your hands in the prayer position at your heart.
Sign-up below to get my astrological reports delivered right to your inbox. Put in your mailing address if you’d like to get the occasional postcard from wherever I am traveling…