This recipe comes from chef Iselin Støylen at www.rawfoodrecipes.com.
This Raw Lemon Cheesecake by Chef Iselin Stoylen will definitely leave you asking for more! Who could ever resist this tempting goodness in during a gray day? Make your tummy happy with this raw recipe in few easy steps!
- 2 dl cashews
- 2 dl dried, shredded coconut
- 10 dates (pitted)
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups / 4dl cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours), 5 tbsp agave (if you’re not a strict vegan you can also use honey), 5 tbsp water, 1/2 cup/ 1 dl coconut oil, juice of one lemon
- Place cashews and coconut in your food processor and process until flour.
- Add dates and salt and continue processing until everything sticks together.
- Press the crust out in a lined cake-tin and set aside.
- To make the lemon filling add all ingredients for the filling to your blender.
- Blend until the ingredients have turned into a creamy batter. The batter should be thick and smooth. If the batter is too thin add more cashews, if it’s to thick add more coconut oil (or water). Feel free to add more lemon or agave to taste.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the crust and put in the refrigerator for at least four hours or more. If you want to speed up the process you can put it in the freezer after an hour and leave it there for another hour.
- Serve the cake with blueberries or any other berries that are in season.